Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide
ELAW advocates, works to protect the environment. By giving the partners, the legal and scientific support they need, ELAW helps challenge environmental abuses and builds a worldwide corps of skilled, committed advocates working to protect ecosystems and communities for generations to come.
The key to ELAW's strategy is locating strong lawyers who are committed to protecting the environment in their home countries. We collaborate to win big victories at low cost.
ELAW provides following support to partners around the world:
- Strategic support as partners develop cases and strengthen environmental laws
- Scientific equipment and training to monitor environmental conditions
- Scientific assessment of environmental data to identify toxins and their source
- Model laws and regulations, such as laws protecting water quality
- Environmental and human rights records of multinational corporations
- Expert scientific testimony to support cases against polluters
- Critiques of environmental impact assessments and development proposals
- Support challenging international financial institutions
- Help drafting petitions and other court filings
- Information about cleaner, more sustainable technologies.